* ||Before or at the time of collecting personal information, where appropriate, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.|
* ||We will collect and use the personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other
compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.|
* ||We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.|
* ||We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.|
* ||Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be
accurate, complete, and up-to-date.|
* ||We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure,
copying, use or modification.|
* ||We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.|
Information Collection and Use
We collect and use your information below to provide, understand, and improve our Services.
Basic Account Information: If you choose to create an AirQWeb account, you must provide us with some personal information,
such as your name, username, password, address, email address, phone number. You can create and manage multiple AirQWeb accounts.
The contact information you provide to log in is not public. Your AirQWeb username can be search by other AirQWeb users to request
data sharing. You do not necessarily have to provide your full name or complete address but these data are used to contact you in
case of any issue with your account or sensors. You can always update your basic information under 'Update profile' section.
Contact Information: We may use your contact information to send you information about any issues with your account or the sensors
registered in your account, our Services, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse. You may use alert settings for
email and other alerts to control notifications you receive from AirQWeb. You may also unsubscribe from alerts by following the
instructions contained within the notification or the instructions on our website.
SMS Alert Services: You may choose to provide us with login credentials for SMS services such as AQL, if you wish to do so,
we will store these data in plain text and use them to generate SMS alerts.
Raspberry Pi: If you wish to connect a Raspberry Pi with the sensors to record videos or images, you may provide us with
the Raspberry Pi login credentials to allow AirQWeb to access the file from the Pi and upload to the server.
In this case we will store the data and process it when required.
Additional Information: We may also collect and store the location information of the sensors where applicable.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not disclose your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here.
Public Data: You may choose to publish the air quality data from your sensors. If you wish to do so, the air quality
data shall be publicly visible on the AirQWeb along with the sensor ID, name, location and operator (i.e. your AirQWeb username).
IPInfoDB: IPInfoDB is an IP address geolocation lookup, which enable us to track the visitor's location in real-time.
We use IPInfoDB to show you the nearest Air quality monitoring site on the main page of AirQWeb.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to analyse our website's traffic. In order to do that we may send your IP address to
Google Analytics. We do not share any other personal data with Google Analytics.
Third Parties: We do not share your personal data with any third parties or other services.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality
of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on AirQWeb,
please open a ticket for software support
or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to deal with any personal data issues directly with you. But if you feel we are not handling
the matter adequately, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510